Thursday, September 20, 2007

Colorado, Chipotle, & Cavities

yesterday i went running for the first time in, oh...months. bleh i'm so out of shape. i cherish the memories of times past when i was regularly working out and in good shape. one of those times was that glorious summer in Colorado at STP, playing ultimate (translation: sprint after sprint) week after week in that slightly-higher-than-California altitude known as the Colorado Rockies.

speaking of Colorado...

that was the state in which i ate at and fell in love with Chipotle for the first time. it changed my life. i ate at Chipotle yesterday for the first time since Colorado. i scarfed down my fajita burrito with everything like a piggy and got food all over myself which i'm sure impressed my new friends with whom i ate. i think i had food all in my teeth too; i was a sight to behold.

and speaking of teeth...

on monday i had to get my first filling for a cavity EVER. i was devastated when i went to the dentist last week and was told i have my first cavities. 22 years of no cavities and there they were, between my teeth where i should floss more regularly. fortunately the filling is small because the cavities were small and between my teeth instead of right on them. the whole process has made me think a little about how easily our bodies fall apart and how fleeting vanity is. so many people are obsessed with fixing something that's already broken and that will only continue to deteriorate no matter what. i'm thankful that God has given us reminders even in our own bodies of how weak we are, so that we might see the grace and beauty of trusting in an eternal God.

4 comments:

James said...

I'm thinking about getting some sort of braces again.

Unknown said...

You didn't have Chipotle for over a year? Oh Cheryl. The fajita burritos are the best!

David M Quinn said...

I was impressed.

cheryl said...

oh no David's reading my blog now! that means i can't talk smack about him and CHF anymore. haha.