Saturday, September 15, 2007

Beer me those beans...

So i finally went to volunteer at CHF today. They have volunteer days on Wednesdays and Saturdays to pack food, bag product, etc., and even though i've been interning there for over a month now i hadn't been down to volunteer. Anyway it was a lot of fun. A very well-run volunteer program. So part of the time i was on the FoodPak assembly line next to these cute 10/11ish-year-old boys. One of them was putting cans of pinto beans in each box and the other one was responsible for making sure the cans were coming off the pallets efficiently. The one putting the cans in the boxes would yell "dude, i need more beans! bean me!" i realized later that i was incredibly amused by them yelling "bean me" because it subconsciously reminded me of that episode of The Office when Andy prefaces his sentences with "beer me" even though "it gets a laugh like a quarter of the time." hahaha. So funny. Hm i'm looking forward to the new season of that show.

3 comments:

James said...

That doesn't sound like a 10/11 year old. You're obviously a liar.

cheryl said...

your mom's a liar!

why would i lie about that anyway?

James said...

Because you're a liar that's why.

By the way, I saw my first episode of The Office today. Not too shabby, that show.