Sunday, January 6, 2008

What? No rumble at the Anselm??

The setting: New Hampshire debates on Saturday night. It's intermission, and both the Republican and Democratic hopefuls meet up on stage between debates

I haven't actually gotten to this part yet (yes, I TiVo'd the whole thing and yes, i'm a nerd), but I've seen clips of it in a segment ABC World News did. Said segment is the topic of this post. The segment was basically a discussion of how wonderful it was to see all the Democrats and Republicans smiling and talking, and how we all wish we could know just what was being said to prompt the smiles and friendly exchanges.

I'm confused...

What in the world did everyone (or at least ABC News) think would happen? A knife fight?? I mean come on, it's a minutes long meet and greet on national television. I don't think the fact that a few smiles were cracked amongst acquaintances while network TV cameras were rolling is anything to write home about.

I guess they had to give that smugly dashing David Muir something to report on to appease all those female viewers...

3 comments:

James said...

I vote for knife fight.

cheryl said...

yeah that definitely would've upped the entertainment value a notch or two

EMOH- said...

Hahahahaha... so true! I also noticed that David Muir was really the only thing to write home about. Almost as saucy as Anderson Cooper!!!!