Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hm. Redo.

Hmmmmmm... I'm not pleased with the entry I posted yesterday. I was in a sort of dramatic mood. I guess all the stuff I wrote is true, it just reads more dramatic than it should.

I guess what I want to say is last year was a very rich year. It seems like each year life just gets better and better as I grow in my walk with God. As Brian Regan says, "Can life get any better?? I submit that it can NOT!!" Last year was definitely not easy, not hardship free, but just...richer. In many ways I'm a completely different person than I was last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. That's one thing I love about being a Christian. As I learn to trust and know God better, He is constantly moving and shaping me, helping rid myself of old flaws, showing me new ones, maturing me, disciplining me. The fact that life and the future is so uncertain used to be such a huge source of anxiety. Now I find that reality exhilarating. Who knows what the next step is for me. It could be here it could be there. How long will the "next step" last before the "next step" after that begins? Who knows if I'll even make it to the next step?! Not even the next 30 seconds of my life are guaranteed to me, or to anyone for that matter. How awesome is it that God is faithful and in control whether the circumstances in my life are great, exciting, and fun, or difficult, slow, and painful.

"And that's all I have to say about that."

3 comments:

Jer said...

hahaha. oh dramatic moments.. but they make the most interesting entries! =)

James said...

Wasn't THAT dramatic.

cheryl said...

Hm, I can't tell whether you mean A. My last post wasn't THAT dramatic or B. You are commenting that this post was indeed dramatic. In any case, um, thanks for the comment.