Saturday, June 9, 2007

Yesterday it hit me

two things hit me yesterday...

#1: i am incredibly, completely, totally lame and ungrateful for my college education. the realization began to dawn when i was talking to my boss and coworker yesterday morning, and they were saying how proud i should be that i'm finishing college. i waved them off and thought, what the heck it's not that big a deal. then later i realized, wow...myself and most people i know have college degrees, but i definitely take that for granted. i feel like the past four years i've just complained about how badly i want to be done with school without realizing what an incredible blessing it is to have parents that can pay for my education and the opportunity to go to college. most people in the world do not get that opportunity and would love to have it.

i am unbelievably blessed.

#2: i am leaving irvine and some pretty amazing people. yesterday was the navs end of year luau at cdm. it's so weird saying goodbye to people you may never see again in your entire life; people that were a big part of your life. granted most of the people at navs are brothers and sisters in Christ and if nothing else we'll see each other when we die and go to be with Jesus, but still...anyway i have grown and learned and been blessed so much by the people in navs. even if i never see them again in this life, i am grateful for the friendships and good times we've had. i'll definitely miss lots of other people from my 4 years at uci, but navs has been such an integral part of my relationship with God and with people. it will be strange to leave it...

i am unbelievably blessed.

4 comments:

L said...

thanks cheryl! keep me updated on what's going in your life! :]

L said...

hey i never got to thank you for praying for me that day. Thank you and it was good talking to you at the luau. you're right, we are so lucky and blessed to know the Lord and to know brothers and sisters in Him.

James said...

CDM's my beach. Good place to say goodbyes.

Court and Cyd said...

cheryl, i am so proud that felicity is one of your top 10 faves. haahaha. way to represent!